- hawfinch - "grosbeak" (grosbeak is defined as a kind of small bird with a prominent beak)
- keck - "to make sound as if about to vomit"
- Levant - "the East Mediterranean region"
- noways - says to look under 'no', but not actually defined
- pluvial - "of or caused by rain"
There you go. Your homework is to use at least two of these words in everyday conversation. You will be graded on appropriateness and poise. My homework is to learn how to spell Mediterranean without having to use the spell checker.