An adventure/romance by Pacian
Competition result: 1st Place
-Download .t3 file (600kb)
-Download zipped windows application (1Mb)
- TADS 3 game, interpreters available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Windows executable version also available.
- A short game with the emphasis on decisions rather than puzzles.
- Adaptive hint system helps out if you get stuck.
- State-of-the-art 'English words' graphics system, 100% future proof.
- Yours for the rock bottom price of COMPLETELY FREE.
1. Download and Run the Game
-If you have Windows, you may prefer to download the zipped executable. Just click the link above, unzip the download (this step is probably not necessary) and double click the application.
-Alternatively, if you're a seasoned IF player, or you're using Linux or a Mac, download the .t3 version. Run the file with an interpreter from this page.
2. How to Play
Snowblind Aces is a simple IF - or 'interactive fiction' - game. Interact with your environment by typing phrases like 'examine me' (or just 'x me'), 'go north' (or just 'n'), 'shoot the bad guy' (or just 'shoot guy') and so on.
-A more comprehensive guide can be found here.
-Alternatively, type 'instructions' during play.
Latest version: 5
-Fixed a couple of errors in the text.
Previous version: 4
-A few small changes to the dialogue web.
-Fixed a stonking great typo right at the beginning.
Previous version: 3
-Fixed a few typos and a broken hyperlink
-The hint system was misfiring in the forest clearing
-The fire-making bit had a small bug and didn't account for an important possibility
All bug reports and suggestions are welcome. An email address for me appears as a hyperlink in the game (type 'credits'), or you can comment on this blog post.