7.6.10

Yes, Yes I Think So


Given my interest in interactive naratives and environments, you could be forgiven for thinking I might rate the original Deus Ex more highly than I do. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I love about it, but there's also a lot I didn't think worked so well. Still, the basic concept of a globe-trotting cyberpunk game with an emphasis on letting you play the way you want to gets huge props from me for being a bold step in an ambitious direction.

There's no telling if Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be more my style than the original, but this trailer has me pretty juiced - neon cityscapes, cyborg modification, civil unrest... and driving music that lends it a Christopher Nolan-esque feel.

3 comments:

Terry said...

SOON, ONE ANSWER WILL OVERRIDE ALL OTHERS

(Ok, have to admit this does sound a lot more interesting than it did a few years ago when they first announced it. I'm still VERY skeptical, mind.)

Pacian said...

Okay, you be too sceptical, I'll be not sceptical enough, and it should even out...

george said...

That is kind of an amazing cinematic though...for a video game. ;)