22.9.10

Don't ask me for directions.

Seriously, why do people do it?

Look, the important thing is: I gave them directions to a restaurant. It was just one in completely the opposite direction from the restaurant they asked me about.

They both have glass fronts. I walk past both of them on the way to work. They're pretty much the same restaurant except one's a pub chain and the other's overpriced sea food.

And they can't have wanted greater accuracy than that, otherwise they'd have known not to ask me.

4 comments:

Zhoen said...

I will never ask you for directions. Promise.

Michelle said...

Ha, I would just throw up my hands. I have NO sense of direction whatsoever.

When I lived in Mexico, I frequently asked for directions. I found that people were very eager to help. Not one person ever said that they didn't know. I ended up at a lot of strange places.

Geosomin said...

Heh...I usually refuse to give directions to peopl...I can't find my way around either and they do not need any help from me.
Last week I wanted to go out for Thai food and all I could remember was it was "that place on ** Avenue...you know, with the green sign?". My husband is a saint for not having killed me years ago...

diddums said...

I thought it was just me who did things like that! Nowadays I just shrug and try to look like another tourist...