5.10.09

Final Leg


Phew. I didn't get much sleep last night, and today was kind of busy without anything much really happening.

My project which has been inching along steadily for a while now has reached the point where I feel like I can see the finish line. There's still a lot of work to do, but at least it's downhill from here.

Again I notice that although it feels great to have created something, the actual act of creation is pretty arduous. (Although I suppose you can reverse that when it comes to having children.)

(Image from a PD edition of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea)

3 comments:

diddums said...

I love that bit, near the finish line! It means you've done the best of the work and know that it's looking good. It's not like when you start out and the page is blank...

I'm on the final leg too... another day should do it (fingers crossed).

Michelle said...

Well, from the female perspective, the creating part isn't over quite as quickly...those nine months can be pretty tedious.

Anyway, I agree with you in general. This is why I tend to choose projects that can be completed in under an hour...

Pacian said...

"Well, from the female perspective, the creating part isn't over quite as quickly...those nine months can be pretty tedious."

That bit's not so much mixing the ingredients as baking the cake.