23.9.09

One Rule to Break the Camel's Back


I went from George Lucas to Tim Burton in just two weeks by following this one easy diet rule!

Okay, I've had it. For how many months has this been the only ad on the Internet? Googling it, I can find people complaining about it in January. January! Do you remember when there used to be adverts about punching monkeys and asking Jeeves? If only we'd known what halcyon days we were living in!

You know, it's not surprising to do a little research and find out that it's a scam. What is surprising is just how fucking saturated the entire world wide web has become with this ONE single bloody advert and its ever-so-slightly modified knock-offs. How did it come to this?

And, dear fuck, what's next?

5 comments:

Geosomin said...

I must admit I've never seen it before now...but then again I'm admittedly a hermit somethimes.
I do find it annoying tho how the internet has the ability to send somthing around (and around and around) the world until it turns from interesting and funny into completely and utterly annoying. Then come the cheesy knock off jokes...Takes all the fun out of things sometimes...

Pacian said...

I bet these ads are just yet to squeeze all the way down the intertubes to Canada.

Michelle said...

I'm really surprised that I haven't seen that one. The ones I keep seeing are of bellies with big globs of fat hanging down. I prefer the Tim Burton one!

What I really hate is when the ads link to a faux news site. The graphics are really convincing, but I'm on to the affiliate marketing techniques out there. I feel bad for the people who fall for this stuff, which can be pretty sophisticated.

Exercise and don't eat junk food will never be popular advice...

LuluBunny said...

I too missed this one, but it sounds as though you've had MORE than enough of it! I would offer to boycott Google in some attempt at solidarity ... but actually I'm already committed to the Swagbucks search engine (which uses Google, in part) and I shall not be moved ... solidarity apparently loses out to free crap, lol ;)

diddums said...

I was going to grumble about these ads too... the one I keep seeing on the wallpaper sites is the stomach one. Grr.