1.4.08

Another Totally Not an April Fool's Post


I am afraid that this is actually the real end of Space Cat Rocket Ship - unlike that time exactly a year ago, which turned out to be a storm in a teacup. Last night, Elvis descended in his mothership and abducted me, my cat and several innocent bystanders. As I understand it, we are all being shipped to trans-Neptunian orbit where we will engage in Holy War against the mothmen and their Comet of Doom.

I am sending this post by modulating the electromagnetic field of a disco light, however, as the mothership arcs away, the appreciable magnetic flux from the lamp, as measured on the surface of the Earth, will drop proportional to the inverse square of my distance, until you are no longer able to receive my transmissions.

Well, we've all been there at some point in our lives, haven't we? At least I know that as I travel to my inevitable death in the cold depths of space, I take all of your best wishes with me.

5 comments:

zhoen said...

Give Spacecat a good scritch from me.

Geosomin said...

Haev a nice holday...come back from the mothership with some tacky button up shirts and Romulan Ale and tell us all about it.

Udge said...

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. And you got to meet Elvis!

tinker said...

I hope you at least get a t-shirt out of the trip...

(and no, no one 'ate the mouse' - however, I got my comeuppance, as I came down with the stomach flu:(

diddums said...

If they make a time machine, you can come back and take up blogging where you left off, and we would never know... OK, just the once, and then it wouldn't be a ripple in our pond any more.