23.2.08

The Piper's Basket

I was just about to drop a coin in the wicker basket next to the Latin American fellow with the pan pipes, when I noticed it was completely empty. It was too late to back out, so I dropped it in anyway, but as I walked away, I wondered if maybe he wasn't actually busking. Maybe that was just his lucky basket, or maybe that's what he carries the pan pipes around in. It's not like I could ask him, as he was busy piping away.

If he really was a busker, surely he knows you should always put a little change into your pot at the start of the day?

6 comments:

zhoen said...

He may be new at busking. Glad you paid the voluntary music tax, very good karma.

Saw Lady said...

It's people like you who make the world a nicer place!

Not all buskers put change in their donations container at the start of the day (I never do) - they might not have any with them.

All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog

Pacian said...

Good point, Saw Lady. Thanks for commenting. :-)

Chiya said...

It was still nice of you anyway.

What are pan pipes? Are they that thing that's like a bunch of different length flutey type things tied together?

Pacian said...

If that's not what they are, that's still what I meant.

Geosomin said...

Paying good buskers is definitely good karma...