3.10.07

Type 4

Enneagram

I love these things, of course. Ask me questions about myself, and then tell me what I'm like! That would never work, surely? Been tempted by this one in Lulubunny's sidebar for ages, finally figured out where the free test is. I scored 7/8 for 'Type 4', a numerological appellation explained thusly:

The introspective, romantic type. Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity.

Key Motivations: Want to express themselves and their individuality, to create and surround themselves with beauty, to maintain certain moods and feelings, to withdraw to protect their self-image, to take care of emotional needs before attending to anything else, to attract a "rescuer."

Yeah, that sounds about right. It would be even righter if I'd only pay them money, they assure me, but that's okay: I already have a pretty good idea what I'm like. I do have to live with myself 24/7.

I thought it was interesting that this one highlights a desire to express my individuality, alternatively described as a fear that I 'have no identity or personal significance'. One of the reasons my books and DVDs (and blog) mean so much to me is because I want to create something that accurately reflects my personality. One of you also suggested that identity is a recurring theme in my stories, although I would suggest that 'rescuers' are more obviously numerous.

I am sure that I have already attracted my rescuer anyway. She is probably approaching in her pirate zeppelin right now to abduct me to a life of adventure in the skies. On which note I am going to leave and stare out the window at the overcast night sky...

4 comments:

zhoen said...

Someone who wants a rescuer, who has a cat... I see a more complex character.

Michelle said...

I hope your rescuer wears glasses. ;-)

I'm an enthusiast. It was so right on it was frightening.

Geosomin said...

I'm a peacemaker....it was too spookily accurate for my taste too.

LuluBunny said...

No wonder I enjoy your blog so much, several of your fellow 4's comprise my favorite artists (Ingmar Bergman, Sarah McLachlan, Tennesee Williams, Anais Nin, and Virginia Woolf).

Lucky you :)