11.10.07

Na-NO-WriMo

Don't think I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo this year. Too much on my plate, for one thing. For another, now that I've had a taste of actually finishing a substantial project, I definitely want more. I'm going to keep plugging away at this mute cowboy game until it's done. And I need to watch The Good, the Bad and the Ugly again sometime soon to try and kick-start my brain into nifty execution/rescue scene producing mode, as that is the main thing that has me stumped.

So far the finale looks like this in my head:

Only the evil sheriff will also be there, but I am too tired to try and draw him right now, and it will all be in text anyway. I see a three-way shooting kind of puzzle, where you can shoot the sheriff only to lose Elias, or save Elias only to be shot by the sheriff, so cleverness will be required to live happily ever after. Or 'ride into the sunset' as cowboys call it. (Except I guess it'll actually be noon at this point in the game, so I can't do that.)

4 comments:

tinker said...

Sorry you're not doing NaNoWriMo this year. I'm determined to finally break through that 50,000 word finish line.

The game looks interesting, though I don't know if I'd ever be clever enough to figure out how to ride off happily into the - um, after lunch sun.

Maybe they could be space cowboys? Then they could be on a planet with a shorter day - one where the sun sets shortly after high noon...

Pacian said...

I think that would only work if the planet was a funny shape.

Geosomin said...

Is it wrong of me to want to see more of this execution-bot fellow?

Bobby said...

YES! The Good the Bad and the Ugly is the ultimate epic of greed.