1.8.07

The House that Stole Lunch

Today has been a day of phone calls and skipped meals. On the plus side, I have finally learnt how insurance companies provide help in emergencies. It works like this:

First phone call:

Me: Hello, my house is exploding. Can you help?
Insurance man: No, of course not.
Me: Oh. Okay.

Second phone call:

Me: Hello, my house is exploding. Can you help?
Insurance woman: You called before about this. The computer says so.
Me: Yes, and I have been reading the insurance policy and it says you are supposed to help me. [quotes relevant passage]
Insurance woman: Well... if we must.

I wish I lived in a country where you had to get insurance for medical treatment! That must really be a blast!

7 comments:

geosomin said...

Exploding houses? Do tell...!

Michelle said...

Well, it's not nearly so bad as not having any here...:-P

It does sound as though there is an intriguing backstory here.

tinker said...

"I wish I lived in a country where you had to get insurance for medical treatment! That must really be a blast!" -- careful what you wish for, Pacian - I'm not sure that 'blast' is quite the word I'd use to describe it! o_0

I hate when houses explode and then dealing with all the subsequent red tape the insurance companies roll out - they seem to think it's all fine for them, since they don't have to live there!

Hang in there, Pacian. Hope everything's straightened out soon.

Geosomin said...

Everything OK?

mark said...

so true, this.

Pacian said...

"Everything OK?"

Muchly, now.

zhoen said...

Insurance folks make lawyers look like heros.