4.1.07

Movie meme

(Via)

1. Popcorn or sweets?
Neither. A drink would be nice, though.

2. Name a movie you have been meaning to see forever.
I would say Seventh Seal, but I saw that last year. Um... Oh! Bambi. Sorry video store, I am not paying £22 to bawl my eyes out. Put it on sale, already.

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?
Just ONE? Fernando Meirelles gets best director instead of the Lord of the Rings guy, perhaps? Bill Murray gets best actor for Lost in Translation? On that subject, Sofia Coppola gets best director instead of... that Lord of the Rings guy again. Huh. I think, actually, I'd just give best movie to Citizen Kane instead of that other film that no-one's heard of. Also, all those people are dead, so none of them could beat me up over it (Peter Jackson is a big man).

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe. Which will it be?
A spacesuit from 2001. Walk around saying, "Open the pod bay doors, HAL." That would never get old!

5. Your favorite film franchise is?
The Alien movies. But mostly just the first two.

6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why’d you invite them? What do you feed them?
Excluding dead people (who could turn down Chaplin?), George Clooney because I love him to bits. Hilary Swank as the only truly good American actress of her generation. Jean-Pierre Jeunet for being cuddly and imaginative. Hayao Miyazaki, same reason. And... James Cameron. I'd get him to orchestrate the whole thing, and we could be pretty certain that it would all go smoothly, even if he'd probably shout and make me cry in the process. Jim Cameron would select the menu, of course, and woe betide anyone who got in his way. He's king of the world!

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the cinema?
Ejection. Through the ceiling. By rocket chair.

8. Choose a female bodyguard:
Michelle Rodriguez. Contract requires her to do the whole Kevin Costner. Whitney Housten soundtrack optional.

9. What’s the scariest thing you have ever seen in a movie?
Tough one. There are some movies I avoid because I'm certain they'll completely freak me out, eg. The Exorcist, or anything by Takashi Miike* or Eli Roth. Of the ones I've seen, it must be Anthony Hopkins eating that guy's brain while he was still alive in Hannibal. Then again, I'm not sure if that really counts as scary, just very disturbing. I stopped watching once I realised what was going to happen, btw.

10. Your favorite genre (excluding comedy and drama) is?
I guess... existentialist, strange, off-beat, thoughtful? Are those genres? If not, then I'll just cheat a bit and say animation.

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?
I go George Clooney/Steven Soderbergh, greenlighting enough sure-fire hits to fund the production of movies that are actually good.

12. Bonnie or Clyde?
I haven't seen the film, but I'll take whichever one was Warren Beatty. Do I get to keep him? I hope he doesn't mind sleeping on the sofa.

*Okay, I bought The Happiness of the Katakuris the other day. Horror musical with zombies? How could I resist?!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I like the Oscar that is a fish.

I almost wish I hadn't even READ the thing about the brain. Ewww.

Geosomin said...

Zombie musical...I'm going to have to track that down!

zhoen said...

I will adjust and attempt.

Animation rules.

Tinker said...

Oh, my - I can't handle Hannibal Lector even in an offhanded reference. This was so smart and funny, but now I have the shivers @_@
Must concentrate on James Cameron orchestrating a dinner party, with Pacian hosting in his spacesuit, passing the salt to Miyazaki while Warren Beatty falls asleep on the couch...
ah! there, that's better...

susanna said...

I like your punishment for people who answer their cell phones during a movie. And I love Bill Murray in pretty well anything. Ghostbusters was on tv yesterday and I noticed that Bill Murray hasn't aged a bit. Freaky but I still love him. I wonder what would happen if James Cameron wasn't allowed to say the T word during the entire evening. Do you think he'd implode?