10.8.06

Meme-Me-Do

Tagged by Diddums.

10 years ago
I was twelve. In secondary school, probably very unhappy except when reading or playing computer games.

5 years ago
I was 17. In the sixth form, veering between very happy and very unhappy.

1 year ago
On my second year on my university course, which I pursued because I could do it without applying myself, and not because I like the direction it takes me in. Hooray!

5 songs I know all the words to
I avoid music with lyrics because they get in the way of the words in my own head. Still, a few lyrics sneak in. These are the five songs I am the most likely to think that I can sing along to, even if I usually do very badly at it.
  1. Angel - Massive Attack
  2. Do you realise? - The Flaming Lips
  3. Let Forever Be - The Chemical Brothers
  4. Out of Control - The Chemical Brothers
  5. Probably something by Death in Vegas

5 Snacks
  1. Hula Hoops
  2. Mini cheddars
  3. Salt and shake crisps
  4. Chocolate Orange bars
  5. Cherry tomatoes

5 things to I'd do with £100 million
  1. Buy a house
  2. Buy loads of DVDs and books
  3. Work out how much I'd need to keep in the bank to live off the interest
  4. Give the rest away to charity
  5. Put my feet up and read

5 places I'd run away to
  1. London
  2. Scotland
  3. New Zealand
  4. The sky
  5. The moons of Jupiter

5 things I'd never wear
'Never' is such a constrictive word.

5 favourite TV shows
  1. Mission: Impossible
  2. Spaced
  3. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
  4. Cowboy Bebop
  5. Spongebob Squarepants

5 greatest joys
  1. Imagination
  2. Perceiving reality (never as simple as it sounds)
  3. The written word
  4. Lettuce in sandwiches
  5. CATS

5 favourite toys
  1. DVD Player
  2. Hole punch
  3. My beanie octopus
  4. Half Life 2
  5. Word processor

Five people I'm tagging
The only person I'm certain will read this is Disillusioned Kid, and he runs a political blog. So, I'm tagging YOU, anonymous reader. *points out of your computer screen*

5 comments:

Disillusioned kid said...

*lets out sigh of relief*

Question: Do you think this (and similar exercises) constitue memes in the strict Dawkinsian sense, or do they represent a new mutation of the meme meme?

zhoen said...

I think they are just a formalized way to write a blog entry.

I'll be posting my response this weekend. Thank you, this is a good one.

Pacian said...

Question

As far as I know he defined memes in a very broad fashion. These things are very good at spreading, and some, naturally, spread more than others. Meme-me-do! The only real nitpick is that this is one specific kind of meme that seems to have earned the name 'meme' all for itself. A more interesting question would be an analysis of the meme meme itself.

I'll be posting my response this weekend. Thank you, this is a good one.

You're welcome. I do deserve a lot of credit for it.

susanna said...

Are Hula Hoops giant Cheerios? I like your take on Never, especially when it concerns clothing. I'm now wondering what's in your closet.

PS - I cracked up laughing when I read your birthday comment on my post.

Pacian said...

Hula Hoops are like thick crisps (potato chips)that are slightly tubular in shape, only nicer.

I just looked in my closet. The most embarassing thing I could find was a stripy dressing gown.